Manna Food Bank is a great addition to our community. Let’s take a look inside at what they do.
Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale
Today, we’re going to be talking about the Manna Food Bank, which is a 45-year-old independent organization that helps feed people in need.
The week before Thanksgiving, we worked with them on a food drive. The drive was a success, and we are so thankful for the work Manna is doing for our community.
Right now, they’re actually in the process of moving to a new facility, which will be 4.5 times larger than the current facility. There, they’ll host classes in nutrition, cooking, and more. These classes will focus on helping people with health problems learn more about their nutritional needs and how to meet them. Additionally, Manna will provide education on financial literacy and household management.
When people hear about hunger, they often think of a fairly narrow demographic. But the people who benefit from Manna’s services actually come from all walks of life. This is especially true following the recession years ago.
In fact, over 85% of Manna’s clients are employed families. The remaining 15% is made up of senior citizens and disabled people on fixed incomes.
Of course, community support plays a massive role in what Manna does. The more food they get from the community, the more they are able to give. While all donations are welcome, they do have a list of preferred items on the front page of their website: https://www.mannafoodbank.org/.
Manna is classified as a choice-based pantry, meaning their clients can choose their food as opposed to being limited to pre-bagged selections. Clients can visit three times a week with no appointment necessary.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.